- Help learners lay a good foundation in learning English
- Pave the way for independent and lifelong learning
- Provide every learner with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of foreign cultures
- Enable every learner to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology
School-based English Curriculum (P.1-3)
- This English curriculum is based on reading as it promotes learning in an authentic way. The three other English skills, namely writing, listening and speaking are developed through the use of well selected texts. Vocabulary, grammar and phonics are taught in relevant context instead of in isolation
- This curriculum is supported by having regular lessons with the Native English teacher. Phonemic knowledge, reading strategies and oral language are developed through whole class and small group activities
- Depending on the success, this curriculum will be extended to higher grades.
English Curriculum (P.4-6)
- This English curriculum takes a spiral learning approach where knowledge and concepts are built over time
- In addition, e-learning, inquiry based learning and task based learning support the teaching.